Our commitment to your success
“We aim to go further and assist you, as much as you need, in the business decision making process.”
Garside & Co was established by Stephen Garside in 1987 as an independent practice to provide a personal and professional accountancy service to clients.
With a steady growth in business since that date, a competent team has been formed to service client needs, and investment made in state of the art computer systems.
We cater for a large range of clients, including limited companies, partnerships, sole traders and owner controlled family companies. Garside & Co is registered to carry on audit work by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.
We are conscious that clients are subject to a heavy burden of regulation and control. We will guide you through financial requirements and regulations and are fully versed in compliance obligations. However, we aim to go further and assist you, as much as you need, in the business decision making process. Our objective as your accountants is to provide a solid foundation for your business success.
Our approach to fees and billing
If we are to build trust with our clients and maintain profitability in our business, we recognise that certain degrees of competency, transparency and flexibility are expected. To this end, there are several guiding principles we observe when it comes to fees and billing:
- Give free, initial consultations without obligation and with no specific time limit.
- Use such consultation time to help understand business needs, answer queries and match our skill and knowledge set to the client’s issues.
- Deliver services at a competitive price with no surprise fees.
- Base fees reasonably on the time expended according to the level of expertise of the partners and staff concerned.
- Agree fixed fees for key yearly tasks upfront.